Each week I keep an eye out for the latest edtech resources through blogs, social media, podcasts, videos, user groups, and more. I then try to reshare these resources in many ways.
One way I share these is here on the blog in these "EdTech Links of the Week" posts. See below to explore the latest batch of resources, and be sure to share with others who may benefit.
If you want to make sure you don't miss new resources, you can:
📰 Sign up for my weekly email newsletter here: bit.ly/curts-news📧 Join the "Control Alt Achieve" email discussion group: bit.ly/caa-emailgroup🐦Follow me on Twitter here: twitter.com/ericcurts
This week I have 4 new resources from around the Internet and 5 new resources from my blog.
▶️ Recorded Video
You can watch the recorded live stream where I demonstrate the resources and go into more detail on each one.
Or you can watch the video on YouTube where I have added time stamps in the description so you can jump directly to the spots in the video where I talk about each link:
Future live streams will usually be on Monday evenings at 7pm EST. You can subscribe to the "Control Alt Achieve" Google Calendar so you will always have a full list of upcoming live streams here: Google Calendar link
The next scheduled live stream is Monday, December 19, 2022 at 7pm EST. You can add this specific live stream to your calendar here: Calendar Event link
You can always get the exact time, as well as links to the live streams for YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn at:
New resources from around the Internet...
🐝 Bee-Bot Online
- Help young students explore & learn basic coding skills by programming a virtual Bee-Bot on several mats including Alphabet, Community, CVC Words, Dice, School, US Coins, Shapes, Colors, and Size, and more.
💧 PhET Mean Simulation
- Explore the concept of mathematical mean with this interactive tool.
- Set water levels in cups
- Predict the mean water level
- Reveal the answer
- Add or remove cups, change water levels, repeat
🔎 Google Year in Search Local 2022
🦉 Simple ML for Sheets
- Simple ML for Sheets is a new Google Sheets add-on that uses Machine Learning to analyze the data in your spreadsheet to predict missing values and spot abnormal values.
And new resources from "Control Alt Achieve"...
🤖 An AI Wrote this Blog Post
- ChatGPT is an AI chat tool that has been trained to assist with a wide range of tasks that involve natural language understanding and generation.
- This can include answering questions, providing definitions or explanations, summarizing text, providing suggestions or advice, writing on any topic and in any style, and much more.
- I had a chat with it and in a matter of minutes it wrote the blog post linked above on the topic of (appropriately) the benefits and potential challenges of AI in education.
- I am curious what you think of the result, and more importantly, what you think about the impact of AI on education.
❄️ 12 Days of Chrome-mas
Post by Eric Curts
📮 Join the "Control Alt achieve" email discussion group
📰 Sign up for my email newsletter
🐦 Connect with me on Twitter
▶️ Subscribe to my YouTube channel
📧 Reach out through email - firstname.lastname@example.org
📗 Check out my "Control Alt Achieve" book
🏫 Bring me to your school, organization, or conference with over 60 PD sessions to choose from