Each week I keep an eye out for the latest edtech resources through blogs, social media, podcasts, videos, user groups, and more. I then try to reshare these resources in many ways.
One way I share these is here on the blog in these "EdTech Links of the Week" posts. See below to explore the latest batch of resources, and be sure to share with others who may benefit.
If you want to make sure you don't miss new resources, you can:
📰 Sign up for my weekly email newsletter here: bit.ly/curts-news
📧 Join the "Control Alt Achieve" email discussion group: bit.ly/caa-emailgroup🔔 Get new blog posts automatically through email - FollowIt link📅 Subscribe to the "Control Alt Achieve" calendar for livestreams: Calendar link🐦Follow me on Twitter here: twitter.com/ericcurts
This week I have 3 resources from around the Internet and 1 resource from my blog.
▶️ Recorded Video
You can watch the recorded live stream where I demonstrate the resources and go into more detail on each one.
Or you can watch the video on YouTube where I have added time stamps in the description so you can jump directly to the spots in the video where I talk about each link:
Future live streams will usually be on Monday evenings at 7pm EST. You can subscribe to the "Control Alt Achieve" Google Calendar so you will always have a full list of upcoming live streams here: Google Calendar link
The next scheduled live stream is Monday, March 20th, 2023 at 7pm EST. You can add this specific live stream to your calendar here: Calendar Event link
You can always get the exact time, as well as links to the live streams for YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn at:
New resources from around the Internet...
💪 Verbal Workout
- Free website with interactive exercises for commonly taught MS and HS books.
- Before reading the book, browse the quiz words with typical sentences to get familiar with unknown words.
- Then take the pre-reading quiz to increase word awareness and improve comprehension.
- After reading the book, browse the quiz words with book sentences.
- Then take the post-reading quiz based on example sentences from the book. The sentences are in story order, so this reinforces both the story and the words already learned.
🤖 Taboo AI
- Taboo.AI is a game of Taboo with a twist. In this game, you are playing against AI.
- Guess Words will be given to you. Your job is to converse with the AI and get it to say the 'Guess Words'. However, you cannot include the Taboo Words in your prompt.
- Select a category of words, or choose the AI MODE to let AI generate the Guess Words based on custom topics.
- Start your conversation with the AI and try to get it to say the Guess Words. Watch the Timer, the longer you spend talking to the AI, the lower your score will be eventually.
- Successfully get the AI to say all 5 words given to win the game.
- Great for content knowledge, as well as vocabulary skills.
🎞️ The Achievery
- The Achievery features clips from popular movies, TV shows, and cartoons from Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network, paired with lessons and learning activities
- Available subjects include Social-Emotional Learning, English Language Arts (ELA), Science, Social Studies, Math, Technology and Engineering and Digital Literacy.
- The lesson plans come with recommendations and exercises related to the content of the clips.
And new resources from "Control Alt Achieve"...
👍 Google Slides "Tier List" Activity
- High engagement student activity where students rank items, discuss and debate with partners, and then defend their choices to the class.
- It encourages critical thinking, communication, comparing, contrasting, prioritizing, and defending rationales.
- It can be used in any subject or grade level.
- It should only take 15 to 30 minutes, and can be used multiple times throughout the year with different content.
Post by Eric Curts
📮 Join the "Control Alt achieve" email discussion group
📰 Sign up for my email newsletter
🐦 Connect with me on Twitter
▶️ Subscribe to my YouTube channel
📧 Reach out through email - firstname.lastname@example.org
📗 Check out my "Control Alt Achieve" book
🏫 Bring me to your school, organization, or conference with over 60 PD sessions to choose from