Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Kevin is a fellow Ohioan, and is the Director of Technology at Calvert Catholic Schools in Tiffin. His podcast features "tools, techniques, and stories from educators on ways to improve your lessons, create a positive culture, and much more". It is named for the "MAGIC Acronym":
- M - Motivate (Yourself and your students.... find your WHY)
- A - Assess (Start with formative assessment but also assess/reflect on your lessons)
- G - Get Out There (Get on Twitter and go to Conferences... find like-minded educators)
- I - Integrate (Originally was to integrate technology, now I've grown for it to integrate other content areas)
- C - Stay Calm (Don't be afraid to ask students for help when things don't work... just roll with it)
You can listen to the episode I was on, #48, at the link below:
And be sure to explore through the other episodes where Keven interviews a wide variety of inspiring educators from all around the world at:
Monday, February 22, 2021
In case you missed it, or are just trying to review through everything that was shared, I have made an easy to browse bulleted list of everything that was announced in the event. For each item I have included any relevant links to Google's blog posts or help pages or video clips about that new feature or update.
Also, if you want more details and discussions on these topics, please feel free to join us online for our monthly GEG-Ohio (Google Educator Group) virtual meeting on Thursday, February 25th from 1pm to 3pm (EST). We will be taking a close look at the updates from the "Learning with Google" event.
Now, see below to explore all 50+ updates in my bulleted lists...
Monday, February 8, 2021
This year OETC is entirely virtual and completely FREE! The conference will start with a kick-off week of featured session from February 8th through 12th. Then additional sessions will be rolled out weekly until June.
Monday, February 1, 2021
Thursday, January 28, 2021
The monthly meetings are hosted by the Google Educator Group of Ohio, but are open to anyone from any location. The purpose of these meetings is to:
- Connect Google-using educators
- Share the latest Google Apps news and features
- Provide tutorials, demonstrations, and how-to’s
- Share best practices of how Google Apps is being used within schools
- Ask questions and get answers