I am honored and excited to be presenting at ISTE's sold-out 2021 Creative Constructor Lab Virtual!
If you’re registered, join me October 16th and 17th to imagine, invent and innovate, and learn how to encourage your students to do the same.
Not registered? You can purchase CCL Replay and get access to all recorded sessions. Together, we can inspire students to innovate their way to ingenuity.
For more details about the conference, visit the site at: https://iste.com/ccl
And see below for details about my sessions...
📅 SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2021
- Time: 3:30pm - 4:45pm EST
- Session Resources: http://bit.ly/curts-drawings
- Description: Google Drawings is part of the Drive suite of tools but is often overlooked. However it is a fantastic program for student learning and teacher instruction. In this session we cover the basics of how Drawings works, and then we try out dozens of practical examples of how it can be used in schools, including graphic organizers, math manipulatives, desktop publishing, interactive digital posters, drag-and-drop poetry, creating memes, making composite "green screen" images, innovative art projects, collaborative games, and more.
📅 SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2021
- Time: 3:00pm - 4:15pm EST
- Session Resources: http://bit.ly/curts-docslit
- Description: Looking for ways to techify your literacy activities? In this session we explore several engaging hands-on literacy activities that use features built right into Google Docs. These include improving reading comprehension with Google Docs "Black Out", creating black out poetry, writing interactive "Choose Your Own Adventure" stories in Docs, summarization skills with the Word Count tool, fun ways to use Emojis in Docs for reading and writing, pre-writing with embedded Google Drawings graphic organizers, and more!
I would love to stay connected with you after the conference. Please feel free to connect with me in any of the ways listed below: