I recently had the privilege to present a session for Google's series of "Did You Know?" webinars. These are a collection of 8 sessions covering a wide range of Google tools for schools.
You can learn more about the entire "Did You Know?" series in my earlier blog post here: Free Google Webinars - "Did You Know" Series
For my third session I presented the following webinar:
Better engage students and save time with new Google Meet features
Description: New features in Google Meet can save educators time and increase students engagement. In this session we will explore options including breakout rooms, polls, Q&A, translated captions, recording, attendance tracking, live streaming, and more, as well as see new features coming soon to Google Meet.
▶️ Recorded Webinar (32 minutes)
Or watch on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba2gyGPqAmg
⚡ Supercharge your Meet
- Meetings can be recorded and saved to your Drive where they can be accessed, viewed, and shared later.
- Meetings can be viewed live by domain users without having to join the actual Meet.
- Polls can be used to survey your attendees throughout the meeting.
- Questions can be asked, upvoted, and organized in the meeting.
- Jamboard can be used as an interactive, collaborative digital whiteboard in the Meet.
- Attendees can be split into breakout Meets where they can work in smaller groups.
- Users can turn on closed captioning to see a live transcript of what all the attendees are saying.
- An attendance report with attendee details is sent to the Meet host after the meeting.
⚡ Features Coming Soon
Join and present from a document, spreadsheet, or presentation:
Livestream to YouTube:
Post by Eric Curts
📮 Join the "Control Alt achieve" email discussion group
📰 Sign up for my email newsletter
🐦 Connect with me on Twitter
▶️ Subscribe to my YouTube channel
📧 Reach out through email - email@example.com
📗 Check out my "Control Alt Achieve" book
🏫 Bring me to your school, organization, or conference with over 60 PD sessions to choose from